We’re excited to announce the launch of Bridgeway’s next Biblical Counseling Ministry Training. The four-semester training will begin in September of this year. It will meet every week (except holidays) for two hours on Thursday evenings from September to May (approximately 36 weeks each of the two years).
You can expect to commit the following time outside of class:
- Reading and/or podcasts (approximately two hours per week in the first semester, and approximately one to two hours per week thereafter)
- Meeting two times per month with your encouragement partner
- Meeting with your mentor once a month (or more if requested by either you or your mentor)
Everyone who is accepted into the two-year ministry training will be asked to serve for at least the next two years.
If you choose to serve as a member of the biblical counseling ministry you would:
- Counsel one to two sessions per week
- Meet with your mentor one to two times per month or more if requested by either you or your mentor (may be individual and/or group supervision)
- Spend intentional time each week in prayer, study, and preparation for your counseling
If you are interested, please pick up an Information Packet at the Connect Counter or download it here. The Information Packet will give you a more detailed explanation of the program as well provide instructions on how to apply online (you will need to refer to the Information Packet throughout the process of filling out the application). All applications are due by Friday, June 15th at 5:00pm.
We’re excited about equipping God’s people to change lives with Christ’s changeless truth and power. Our prayer is that we could mutually discern whether this ministry is the right fit and match for you and your calling and giftedness from God. As you read the Information Packet (which can be found at the Connect Counter) and complete the online application, please pray with us that together we would discern God’s will.
In the Information Packet you will find:
- Bridgeway’s Biblical Counseling Ministry Distinctives
- A Broad Philosophy of Biblical Counseling
- A Profile of a Bridgeway Biblical Counseling Ministry Training Graduate
- God’s Calling: Who God Is Calling to Minister
- God’s Equipping: How Bridgeway’s Biblical Counseling Ministry Training Will Minister to You
- Your Future Ministry: How You Will Minister through Bridgeway’s Biblical Counseling Ministry
- Your Personal Cost and Commitment Inventory
- An article entitled "All of Life is Repentance"
- An article entitled "The Sovereignty of God in all of Life"
Because the process is mutual, the first step is yours.
After reading the information packet, you should prayerfully decide if you want to complete the online application process. If you do, then you need to complete and submit your online application. Again, all applications are due no later than Friday, June 15th at 5:00pm.
You then need to take the initiative to e-mail Keith Adams in order to arrange a personal interview (which follows up on your written application).
At that point, the next step is ours.
After we read everyone’s application, check with the people everyone listed as ministry references, and conduct all the personal interviews, our team of instructors meets to pray and decide who we believe are the best fit for this round of training. We will then move forward in one of the following ways: 1) We will contact those who we feel are the best fit for this next training group and confirm their acceptance and commitment to participate. 2) We will also reach out to each person who was not selected to be a part of this particular training group to inform them of our decision. At this time we will offer to meet personally with any who desire to answer questions, discuss areas that may be helpful to be better prepared to serve in biblical counseling in the furure, or help explore possibilities of serving in other areas of ministry. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.